●This course is a Review Course for the Building Envelope section of the CEM test. It provides a detailed and in depth review of the material presented at the Five Day CEM Training Course, as well as providing supplementary materials and information that the CEM Instructors do not usually have the time to cover in the Five Day course.
●This course also provides:
–Practice problems and examples to improve your understanding of Building Envelope and Systems; and to increase your problem solving skills.
–A 20 question Practice Test and a 20 question Proficiency Test to better prepare you for the Building Envelope section of the CEM test.
- Components of the Building Envelope
- Improving the Building Envelope
- Window films, shading coefficients, and analysis
- Methods of heat transfer, heat loss through walls and ceilings, and the degree day method
- Thermal resistance, thermal conduction, and conductivity
- Energy savings from adding insulation
- Air and water heat flow problems, and heat flow equations
- Sensible heat flow problems using air based systems or water based systems
- The Psychrometric Chart, and reading the Psych Chart
- Dry bulb and wet bulb temperatures, relative humidity, humidity ratio, dew point, volume and enthalpy
- Air based heating problems requiring sensible and latent heat
- Air based cooling problems (air conditioning) requiring sensible and latent heat
- Benefits of variable speed drives
- Practice problems and Practice test